Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered the switch and it fits. Read about it here:

Power Switch for Beta Lead or Beta Bass
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Hello, new to the forum and was curious if you still happen to have that beta manual on hand?

Comment

try here Sunn Beta Lead (looking for schematics)

Comment

Thanks gbono! That was easy i appreciate the help

Comment

Originally posted by oldmanmason View Post
            Thanks gbono! That was easy i appreciate the help
            beta directory | The Unofficial Sunn Musical Equipment Web Site

Comment

Thank you guys for all the help!

Comment

Hello, new to the forum;

I have two Sunn Beta Lead combos for playing in stereo. One of them has this problem - the volume cuts out with a “pop” noise when I am not playing notes on guitar - after picking notes or strumming, the volume/sound returns, but then cuts out again.
                I am guessing that it’s a bad capacitor somewhere - has anyone experienced or repaired a similar problem?

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
                  I ordered the switch and it fits. Read about it here:

Power Switch for Beta Lead or Beta Bass
                  The link above is broken, here's the new link: https://forum.sunnstillshines.online...21997#msg21997
                  WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
                  REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Hello, new to the forum;

I have two Sunn Beta Lead combos for playing in stereo. One of them has this problem - the volume cuts out with a “pop” noise when I am not playing notes on guitar - after picking notes or strumming, the volume/sound returns, but then cuts out again.
                    I am guessing that it’s a bad capacitor somewhere - has anyone experienced or repaired a similar problem?
                    Hi
                    First, please start a new thread for your amp. It gets confusing when we have more than one of an amp being repaired in a thread.

Bad cap wouldn't be my first thought, but is certainly possible, I would be whacking on the boards with a chopstick, I would be comparing DC voltages in the circuit to those on the schematic.
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Have you tried cleaning the loop "accessory"jacks? You could just have an intermittent switching jack.
                      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post

Hi
                        First, please start a new thread for your amp. It gets confusing when we have more than one of an amp being repaired in a thread.

Bad cap wouldn't be my first thought, but is certainly possible, I would be whacking on the boards with a chopstick, I would be comparing DC voltages in the circuit to those on the schematic.
                        I’m sorry for not starting a new thread; I should know better - I don’t understand what you mean by “whacking on the boards with a chopstick” - I can compare the voltages; I have an electrical engineer to help me - he was a chip designer by profession. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                          Have you tried cleaning the loop "accessory"jacks? You could just have an intermittent switching jack.
                          I’ll give that a try. Thanks, Dude.

Comment

If there is a faulty solder connection or a crack in the copper traces, pushing and [robing each part physically may help expose that. Since we are working on it live, we cannot use something like a metal screwdriver, so many of us use a common wooden chopstick, like from a Chinese restaurant. It is insulated and sturdy. SO by whacking on it, I simple mean push and probe about the circuit with the stick. It exposes something or it does not.

And I want you to check DC voltages through teh circuit. If teh base is biased way off, it may take a lot of signal to overcome that, and so it reacts unusually.
                            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                              If there is a faulty solder connection or a crack in the copper traces, pushing and [robing each part physically may help expose that. Since we are working on it live, we cannot use something like a metal screwdriver, so many of us use a common wooden chopstick, like from a Chinese restaurant. It is insulated and sturdy. SO by whacking on it, I simple mean push and probe about the circuit with the stick. It exposes something or it does not.

And I want you to check DC voltages through teh circuit. If teh base is biased way off, it may take a lot of signal to overcome that, and so it reacts unusually.
                              Thanks, Enzo. I think I understand. I’ll get with my friend the EE and fill him in on your suggestions. Stay tuned…

Comment

Working...
                              X