Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Transformer info

Fender Transformer info,
    Does any one have a wiring diagram for these Fender trannies 0990774, 0990762 thanks

I don't know those. Any other numbers on them? Any idea what they went in?

What are the wire colors coming from them?

Try contacting Fender to find what equipment they went in and we can look on the schematic.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The 774 is an OT, primaries are red-blue-red, secondaries areorange, black, green and yellow. PT has two red, one red/blue, two green, two yellow, and one red/yellow, I know what these are. Then it's got two black, one white, one orange, one black/white and one black/yellow.
      Those were the only numbers on the trannies, thanks.

Comment

Compare them to xformers with the same last 3 digits at Mojotone.

Check mounting spacings.

They are probably not original fitment "Fender" xformers, I suspect (it is just a suspicion) they are aftermarket reproductions 50W PT w/export primaries & 50W 2x6L6 OT with 2, 4 & 8ohm taps.

Do they look about the right size, what did they come out of?

As for the wiring legend, unless someone pipes up who has the same items, you may have to ask about with suppliers until they can ID them for sure.

Comment

They have Fender stamped into the bells right above the numbers. I really don't know what they came out of. If anyone has a schem for a Prosonic could you check that for trannie numbers?

Comment

Fender.com has schematics in the Support section for nearly all the 90's amps onwards.

Prosonic part no's are 049009 OT, 049110 PT. Whether part no's match the number stamped on your xformer is another thing. Wire colours do not appear to match your xformers.

Comment

Thanks for that info. I got these from a shop and I remember the guy telling me he pulled them out at the request of a customer that wanted Mercury Mag trannies put in, there was nothing wrong with them. The shop has since closed down. I'll keep digging.

Comment

There is still the contact Fender and ask them option...
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo, yes, thanks, I emailed them early this morning, haven't heard back yet.

Comment

I hope they respond promptly. I find that in cases where I want something out of the ordinary, I get best results calling on the phone. That way I get to be friendly with a human rather than be email #427 for the day, and they usually take care of me on the spot instead of putting it aside for when they have free time. I am not referring specifically to Fender, just in general.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogsmith View Post
                      Fender Transformer info,
                      Does any one have a wiring diagram for these Fender trannies 0990774, 0990762 thanks
                      Sounds like reissue Lenco or Heyboer clone transformers for a Super Reverb or Bassman.
                      Bruce

Mission Amps
                      Denver, CO. 80022
                      www.missionamps.com
                      303-955-2412

Comment

alden at Heyboer said he thinks it's a Westlake out of Westlake Village, Ca. based on the 099 EIA code but I'm not having any luck googling them up either.

Comment

Those numbers don't fit the normal EIA codes, do they?

0990774, 0990762; the 74th week and the 62nd week of 2007?

Comment

I don't think that they are date codes. They look more like Mojotone part no's., as per Bruce's post.

Comment

Thanks, They match a couple of these with the last three numbers on this page. I called Mojo two days ago and they said the numbers didn't match anything they had. Last nite a guy posted this page on another board. Thanks for the help guys.

http://www.adamamps.com/PDF/mojo_transformers.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X