RE: MG80R-CD schematics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: MG80R-CD schematics?

Greetings all! I did not find anything through the search engine on this forum, so here it goes.

If anyone can send me a schematic for a Marshall MG80R-CD series amplifier I would greatly appreciate it. I am having some trouble tracing the PCB due to a botched repair attempt by some second-rate private repair person. (i'm trying to be as nice as possible) They tore out a few of the traces on the solder side, and I need to repair the input jack. Due to the missing traces I am second guessing a repair.

Thank you for your time. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Look in the Enzo gallery at www.ampix.org
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks, Enzo, for the PDF! I have finally got signal out of this unit! Now if I can figure out why the 'clean' side of the amp isn't working, I can finally get this thing out the door.

Anyone have any suggestions ? I see a few posts about the valvestate's, but not much on these lower-end models.

Thanks Again.
      Last edited by Yama Onan; 03-22-2008, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Scratch that last post. I figured out what the 'clean' side problem was: flaky capacitor (C8). Replaced it and everything is groovy... minus a squealing sound that occurs when either the clean side gain is at 10, or if the gain is ~5 on both distorted sides... bizzare sound, like a 8khz or something. Anyone run into this before ?

Comment

Working...
        X