Basic Question - Footswitch for Blues Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Question - Footswitch for Blues Deluxe

I'm trying to find a foot switch for a used '95 Blues Deluxe.

Would any Fender two button switch work? Even if it is labeled something else, the two switches don't know what they are turning off and on when stepped on.

Yeah, I know, flame on, pretty noobie question, but that's the level I'm at.

I ask because I found an NOS pedal for a HR Deluxe RI, and the seller says it won't work, but I think it would. And it would be okay if he's right; that's how I will learn.

Already with those jokes? Get Ready. Get Set. Type!

Thank you regardless of what I learn.
    Functional Dishwasher
    As I'm the only working dishwasher in my house
    '94 MIJ Black Stratocaster named 'Earl'
    7/95 Fender Blues Deluxe
    '75 Fender VibroChamp

I'm pretty sure that Hot Rod footswitch will work with your amp - it's just going to be labeled wrong:

Channel and More Drive for the Hot Rod series
    vs
    Channel and Reverb for the Blues series

Not 100% sure though...

Comment

The Blues Deluxe is a one function FS. Apparently only channel switching is run with the FS. SIMple switch to ground. A two button switch should work, but the button wired to the ring would do nothing. We are talking plain old school switch in a box.

The newer Fender stuff where the FS uses a guiitar cord and has multiple switches MIGHT work. The amp circuit uses 38VAC. it is possible one of the little wedge FS rom something light work, might even get an LED to light. Might not. You could go inside the FS and modify it. The Fender circuit often has a voltage decoding system and teh FS inside is not just wires and switches, there are diodes and things that the circuits back in the amp sense and act accordingly. A wrongway diode or something in the FS could stop it from working here.

SImple enough to find out.

It looks like a Hot Rod Deluxe FS would work, the diodes point the right way, and teh LED should work. It appears the other switch mught make its LEDs change color, but shouldn't affect the amp at all.

A plain vanilla one button switch is what it needs.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X