Reverb tube redplating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb tube redplating

Just completed new build. Fender 6G16. Warmed it up, set the bias (36mv) and let it warm up to recheck again. After about 5 minutes i noticed the v4 reverb tube starting to replate. Put it back on standby, then back to hivolts and it took another 3-5 minutes to redplate again. I have a good 12AT7 in it.
    Looking for help on what to check for problem.

Originally posted by MickeyB View Post
    Just completed new build. Fender 6G16. Warmed it up, set the bias (36mv) and let it warm up to recheck again. After about 5 minutes i noticed the v4 reverb tube starting to replate. Put it back on standby, then back to hivolts and it took another 3-5 minutes to redplate again. I have a good 12AT7 in it.
    Looking for help on what to check for problem.
    hi just wondering your plate voltage?

Comment

ultrasonic oscilation?

Comment

Shorted cathode cap? remove the cathode cap & see if that helps.

Comment

Have 480v & 460v on the power tubes.
          V6 pin-1 260v pin-3 256v, V5 138v 465v, V4 199v 202v, V3 459v 460v (this is the reverb tube redplating- not V4 as I mentioned earlier), V2 194v 195v, V1 199v 192v.
          Would the cathode cap affect just that tube?

Comment

Sorry Its pin-1 & pin-6, not pin 3.

Comment

Also its 470v going in the reverb tranny and 465v coming out. Is that right?

Comment

Reverb tube redplating

Or do I need A different rectifier tube. Currently have a 5AR4 in it. Do I need one to lower the voltage down more?. I saw on the original schem where it ran at 440v and I'm at 470v at the reverb tube. Or should I put a resistor there to drop it down?

Comment

Found it. Loose screen resistor.

Comment

Working...
                  X