Line 6 duoverb head problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 duoverb head problems

A friend gave me a totally non-working Line 6 duoverb head (He explained that a cabinet of his had been wired to 2 ohms by mistake). I took it to a line 6 authorized repair shop (roughly 350 miles travel time to drop it off and then retrieve it), and they returned it to me with the TDA7293 chips replaced. When I plugged it in, it was easily drowned out by my 10 watt practice amp, and didn't sound very good at all. After a short phone call with a tech at the repair shop, he postulated that one of the chips he installed could have been DOA.

I am not experienced with repairing electronics at all, but I would be confident in desoldering/replacing one of these chips. Can anyone offer me any advice on what steps I would go through to test them to see if the tech's hypothesis is true? I already looked at the board and there aren't any apparent cold solder joints or the like.

Thanks,
    Walt

I would be willing to bet that when the 7293 chips burnt out, they damaged the muting circuit on the main board. No, I have no idea where that is on the Line 6 product.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi Enzo. Can those chips be tested in circuit or out with a digital meter? Thanks.

Comment

Whatta crappy "repair shop" then....
        The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Yeah, that poor guy. The tech must not have even checked it after replacing the chips. I have no output on mine and it looks like someone has already replaced the TDA7293 chips. I was hoping I could test this and go from there. Line 6 will not release the schematics for their products.

Comment

Working...
          X