Tranny's How to tell ? Where to get ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny's How to tell ? Where to get ?

Ok , i have three tranny's in my dr.z maz jr with reverb. where can i get a set to build a clone of this amp.

here are the numbers ... on the big black tranny it has

DRZ-5001
    EIA606
    MS 1-37

Next is the medium size one silver

DRZ 7002
    CIN- TRAN 3399
    30-0116

Next is a small one also silver

DR.Z 5003
    CIN-TRAN 2580
    30-0121

Why dont you call him and ask him for them?
    If music be the food of love, play on:

www.soundclick.com/Robinr
    www.myspace.com/Robinr4u

Comment

Cin-tran appears to be a transformer company in Cincinnati, OH and it sounds like two of those are made by them and the following numbers might be model numbers. You might do well measuring the power transformer output and picking up a similar spec one.

Comment

That might work, but be warned. Most suppliers make parts to spec. Even if it is an off the shelf item it may still be considered proprietary. WHile you might get somewhere with them, they most likely will politely refuse to discuss the part with you because it is a Dr.Z part. Those numbers may be assigned to him. Just like all those SJ numbers on Motorola power transistors for various amplifier makers. AFter all, if all a competitor had to do to get the skinny on your part was call the part maker, there would be chaos in industry.

And the worst thing that can happen if you call Dr.Z is he won't discuss it, but he might be happy to. Worth a try.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I'm sure Dr. Z would rather you bought an amp from him than cloned it. Anyway, I noticed you said "My Maz Jr." Why do you want to clone an amp if you own the real thing already?
          "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
          X