Reverb trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb trouble

This came in from a dealer, so they really should have known better.

I ain't naming names.

Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue - no reverb is the complaint. Two years old, so warranty papers with it. Sure enough, no reverb. Crash the pan, VERY faint, you can hear the springs. Pushing the reverb switch on the footswitch has no effect.

Customer drove 50 miles to drop off amp at the dealer. Dealer then brought the amp to me. No one thought to...

Unplug the footswitch.

Come on folks.

I took care of the wires touching inside the footswitch, but I won't be sending Fender the bill. wow...

On the other hand, it is leaving as fast as it arrived. I guess that is something.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Dealers can really be something...
    We finished up a strange circle-o-phonic head, and sent it back to the dealer to give back to the customer. Dealer calls us when they receive it and pours over how amazing it sounds, can't believe we got it to even work. Customer picks it up a few weeks later at the dealer and its DOA.
    Don't really know what happened in the exchange of hands, but I suspect the dealer wasn't being too kind to the amp, so I'll be seeing it again soon.

Comment

A few months ago I get a HRDlx. Dead out of the box. Brand new, salesman pulled it out so new owner could try it...no workee. I get it. Speaker plugged into external speaker jack. Fender should've but didn't get the bill. It wasn't worth my time to fill out the paper work.

Comment

Originally posted by tim View Post
        A few months ago I get a HRDlx. Dead out of the box. Brand new, salesman pulled it out so new owner could try it...no workee. I get it. Speaker plugged into external speaker jack. Fender should've but didn't get the bill. It wasn't worth my time to fill out the paper work.
        This one is partly Fender's fault. They should label the speaker jacks like they used to in the old days. There's no excuse for them not labeleing the jacks at all!

Comment

In many shops there is no such thing as an NPF. Since many warranties require parts replacement for a major labor billing, then everything gets a part. In the case of your reverb problem, a transistor, tube, or reverb pan would be ordered. If return parts are inspected the replaced part would be damaged. If not, it would be shelved for a COD repair later to maximize profits. It's sad, but that'e how many places stay afloat. Many would say that the manufactures made liars out of them long ago with their rates and practices. Also, in a recession, manufactures will float themselves a loan by not paying their warranties on time. Come tax time it can put a shop under. The unethical nature of the business is one reason I no longer do it for a living.

Comment

Fender issues checks once a week, I have no complaints.

Fender labels those jacks on the tube chart on the wall of the cab. But the guys on the assembly line at Fender do them all day long, they know which hole to plug into. How did it pass QC?
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post

Fender labels those jacks on the tube chart on the wall of the cab. But the guys on the assembly line at Fender do them all day long, they know which hole to plug into. How did it pass QC?
              Both the person that plugs the speakers in and the QC person went out to lunch together that Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post

Enzo,

I figured it was a "Friday afternoon" or "Monday morning" amp. It's not the first time I've seen this, believe it or not. I just always attributed to the owner playing with his new amp but this one was clearly just out of the box 'cause I know the salesman.

I have a HR Deville sitting in my shop right now, waiting for a new PT...brand new, out of the box...turned it and it blew the main fuse. I disconnected all the secondary leads and still goes to max current (lights my current limit bulb)...I suppose it could've been "almost" defective and failed due to "infant" mortality.

Strange

Comment

Infant mortality is very real in component life tracking. And of course we have to check the little caps they throw in across the mains connection of the PT.

Comment

Working...
                  X