no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no sound

Please help! my son's fender is not producing any sound. it's not the amp, because we tried another amp. is there a common cause for this? thank you.

Try another cord. If thats not it, it's probably the jack. The wires often come loose, it's quite common especially if the jack is loose.

Comment

I assume you mean his guitar then?Did you try a different cable?If not the cable,it is a good chance a wire inside came loose.Assuming you get no sound from either pickup,a good place to look would be between the selector switch and the controls,and from the controls to the output jack,not meaning to be a smart-ass,but if you dont know what these components I mentioned are,then you really should bring it to someone who does,after trying a different cable.

Comment

you're right

accurate assumption — i know squat about the components, so i will take it to someone who knows what they're doing! i first wanted to find out if it was something ridiculously simple and obvious (like push here dummy.) thank you very much for your input. -judy

Comment

For simple,try a different chord,the cable that connects the guitar to the amp,they are quite often the culprit,if that doesnt do it,then find a repairman.In any case it is probably something simple,assuming the guitar wasnt abused somehow.

Comment

The jacks are usually grounded to the chassis and if loose you will lose sound, try tighten it with a socket. Most common suspect would be a bad preamp tube. Replace each preamp tube one at a time to see if that remedies the problem.
            Helping musicians optimize their sound.

Comment

Its the guitar,not the amp.

Comment

Working...
              X