Peavey Classic 50 212 wierdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Classic 50 212 wierdness

Hey guys. I don't know much about amps, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

I bought a Classic 50 a few years ago because I liked the way it sounded in the store, and it was half the price of the Boogies & Marshalls sitting next to it. It seemed to give me good 70/80s rock sounds and was loud enough for me to jam with a drummer.

The problem is when I crank the amp, it's tonal characteristics completely change for the worse. It's as if clean channel is bleeding through to the dirty channel or something. I posted some sample MP3s here, along with the waveforms so you can see and hear the difference. Anybody know what causes that? Is it a characteristic of this amp? Of tube amps in general? Is it something I can adjust/fix?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Cheers,
    Eric

hello,
    Well, it 'sounds' to me as if you're just experiencing plain old distortion. the waveform doesn't help much, but I'll bet if you pumped in a 1KHz waveform & watched it on the speaker output, you'd just see plain ole distortion.

What's causing it? could be a lot of things. gotta run..is that a tube amp? I'll have to look it up...glen

Comment

Working...
    X