Sovtek MIG 50 help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sovtek MIG 50 help please

Hello all...longtime lurker, first time poster! Trying to figure out how to install a master volume RICH mod in my Sovtek MIG50 head. Using a dual ganged 500k pot...I've doctored up some photos to show how I think it's suppose to be done...can anyone help me by checking my work pretty please?

Also..is it worth replacing all the larger size caps? I see others do this and am contemplating it, but am having a hard time figuring out and finding exactly what I need...

First if all, what is the "Richie MV mod" and how is it different then any other dual gang master volume mod installed after the phase inverter?
    Bruce

Mission Amps
    Denver, CO. 80022
    www.missionamps.com
    303-955-2412

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
      First if all, what is the "Richie MV mod" and how is it different then any other dual gang master volume mod installed after the phase inverter?
      I'm not sure that it is any different....it's just a term I've seen used various places around the web.

Comment

Originally posted by lowbrow View Post
        I'm not sure that it is any different....it's just a term I've seen used various places around the web.
        I have see it named that too..... I just don't why it is called that...? Must be something different about it so that it has Richie Hall's named attached.
        Some of these ideas are as old as the hills and rediscovered so I'll have to look around and see what's out there.
        Last edited by Bruce / Mission Amps; 04-25-2008, 02:49 AM. Reason: darn typos....
        Bruce

Mission Amps
        Denver, CO. 80022
        www.missionamps.com
        303-955-2412

Comment

You never know how names get attached. Over on the PV board, I once told someone how to insert a footswitch jack in series with the front panel control for a boost or something on a Bravo. Essentially made the panel control available in the FS as well. Very simple, thought nothing of it. Then I started getting emails from people wanting the instructions for the wonderful "Enzo Bravo Mod" they'd heard about. My first thought was WHAT Bravo mod?
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Ok...in looking at this further last night/this morning...I'm basically just adding more resistence...from 0 to 500k...in series with the 220K R27 & R28 before they feed the first plate of the 5881 output tubes. So, it looks like my magenta and green connections are correct, but the blue ground connections are not...where do I run the grounds from the pots to? The main ground point along the edge of the board, or the input for the bias, or???

Comment

Working...
            X