location of 3rd wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• location of 3rd wire

does anyone know where the 3rd wire goes on a mesa nomad 45 Ac mains switch?

1)goes to the fuse
    2)goes to the pilot light
    3) goes????

thanks in advance for any help!
    -aj
    "Success!!! Only three leftover parts!!!" -Mr. Flavinger after putting his daughters bass back together

Are you talking about the ground wire?If so it is best to attach it to a PT mounting lug.

Comment

Some rocker switches have a separate pin for the lamp inside. See the spec sheet or data sheet for the switch itself, Mesa didn't make the switch, Carling or somebody did.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by stokes View Post
        Are you talking about the ground wire?If so it is best to attach it to a PT mounting lug.
        thanks for the help! but where would that be??
        "Success!!! Only three leftover parts!!!" -Mr. Flavinger after putting his daughters bass back together

Comment

Wait, there is a safety issue here. EXACTLY what wire are you talking about?

I am talking about an extra connection on the power switch itself beyond the normal two wires.

Stokes is talking about the third wire in the power cord.

If you connect the wrong thing to chassis, you can have serious problems.

How about a photo?
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            Wait, there is a safety issue here. EXACTLY what wire are you talking about?

I am talking about an extra connection on the power switch itself beyond the normal two wires.
            How about a photo?
            its not a rocker switch its a 2 lead toggle switch but it was 3 wires coming off it...
            and ill try to get a photo up tomorrow.. im not near the amp right now
            Last edited by ajisjesus; 05-09-2008, 09:52 AM.

Comment

this may get you in the right direction. It's from a Mesa 50 Cal.

Comment

Originally posted by Garydean View Post
                this may get you in the right direction. It's from a Mesa 50 Cal.

maybe its just my computer but the picture would not show

email to me if you can

ajisjesus@gmail.com

Comment

Must be your computer or ISP, his photo was there in his post and also within the quote box in your post.

Perhaps the hot comes in vua one wire, and after the switch it goes to the rest of the circuit AND to the pilot light.

Comment

I sent the pic to your email address aj.

Gary

Comment

Thanks for the pic! i will see if it works out!

I took a pic of my amp it wasnt very good quality so I highlighted each wire

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\WHS Electronics\My Documents\My Pictures[/IMG]

RED w/ circle (the wire in question)
                      GREEN - from lead 1 to the pilot light
                      PINK - from lead 1 of power plug to pilot light
                      PURPLE - from lead 2 to fuse

because of my isp i cant tell if you guys can or cant see the pic but i'm going to try and post it anyway... if that doesnt work i'll email it to whoever wants it
                      Last edited by ajisjesus; 05-12-2008, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X