4203 Marshall trans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4203 Marshall trans?

Looking for a source that would have a new power trans for a Marshall Artist 4203 30w. Also, would a jtm30 trans be the same--or would it work fine ?

If it is any help, the 4203 is the same as the 3203.

The JTM30 is not the same. The 4203 PT has windings:
    347v
    6.3v
    41.5VCT

The JTM30 PT has windings:
    325v
    6.3V
    25v (no CT)

SInce the low voltage winding in each case is for the op amps in the preamp, as well as the transistors and stuff, you could probably make it work by rewirking the LV power supply to be like that in the JTM30. That assumes the reduced B+ is OK with you.

Got no idea if they physically are similar.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Damn....

Thanks Enzo.

no luck yet in finding one. I wonder if Hammond makes something close

Comment

mercury magnuetics, http://www.mercurymagnetics.com/pages/nav/mainframe.htm

Comment

Get ready to unload your wallet on this one.....I just had a 3203 on my bench with a blown PT and the cheapest I could find one was $175...It's not your normal trafo because it has low voltage windings on it for the solid state stuff as well as hi voltage windings for the hollow state stuff. Customer declined on the repair. I offered to use 2 transformers but he said it wasn't worth it to him...I guess these amps have a penchant for eating these trafos for lunch.

Comment

They won't be cheap that's for sure but have you checked on getting one rewound lately. You may try Doug at http://www.hoffmanamps.com and see if he may have one.
            KB

Comment

glad its not my amp. Found a trans at MM. $175 +shipping. Ouch !

Comment

My dealer site shows them as discontinued.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                X