Epiphone Blues Custom = Dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone Blues Custom = Dead?

A very strange thing happened yesterday.

I came home with my brand new Blues custom and played with a big smile.

On the next day I played in the morning for an hour and then later that day
    I turned on the power on my 1 day old Blues Custom (it's starting with the standby switch in 'standby' mode) and waited for 30 secs. then switched to 'play'.
    The amp gave a short soft rumbly noise and then all lights went out. I checked the main fuse on the back. It was ok.

Since the thing was 1 day old, I returned it to the shop and they most kindly replaced it with another. (brandnew also).

That was this morning. I again enjoyed the great sound for an hour or so and withed it off.
    Tonight I switched the new epiphone back on. (starts in standby).. I switched to 'play' after about 30-40 secs or so and again!!

rumble.. all lights out. again checked the fuse and it's ok.

What did I break in these 2 amps? I can't explain why 2 new amps go dead in 2 days.
    I'm on 220 volts. I have a home that's built around 1997. I never had problems with electrical equipment before. The amp is plugged into an outlet that is 'eathed'.

Anyone any ideas on what's goin'on here?
    Last edited by Henk-Jan; 06-01-2008, 04:43 PM. Reason: title =wrong

Yes, you did nothing wrong, you got two bad amps. Chances are that whatever might have happened to the first amp quite likely happened to the second. The reatailer probably got them in the same shipment and they were likely from the same production batch. SO if there was shipping damage - for instance a cargo truck went over a rough railroad track too fast and bounced the load - the same tube damage (perhaps) might have occurred to both. And if there was a bad batch of parts, both amps had them installed at the factory.

If the mains power in your home was off 20 volts or something, it should not blow up the amp.

Tale this second one back and ask the dealer to run another one in his store for 48 hours before you accept it.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X