Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can even see here:

http://www.fender.com.au/proaudio/warranty.php

...aparently you also have to have it serviced once a year, amongst other things.

Edit: Maybe it's different in America, I'm from Australia
    Last edited by johnwilliamhunter; 06-07-2008, 03:05 PM. Reason: Afterthought

Comment

Originally posted by johnwilliamhunter View Post
      Edit: Maybe it's different in America, I'm from Australia
      Yes. I checked and there's no requirement for the name and serial number on the receipt.
      See the birth of a 2-watt tube guitar amp - the "Dyno Tweed"
      http://www.naturdoctor.com/Chapters/Amps/DynoTweed.html

Comment

If the amp is only 2 years old,I assume your are refering to a Fender DRRI.The electrolytic caps in those(Illinois)suck.Some of them go south very quickly.

Comment

I checked the fender USA warranty, you get a much better deal!

Yes it's a reissue, DRRI, thanks for the tip about the caps. I'm going to replace all the boards, all caps included, should be good.

Any suggestion about the power and standby switches? are they decent or could they do with upgrading?

Thanks,

John.

Comment

I just rewired my DRRI with a Hoffman board,new filter caps,and transformers.Big difference in the sound of the amp.The original swithches look good,but as long as your inside the chassis,why not upgrade them?

Comment

Thanks for the reply, those hoffman boards look pretty nice.

How about the tube sockets? Is it possible to get 'better' ones? Worth replacing them?

Comment

You can get ceramic sockets.Are they better?Might be,probably are.But the sockets in my amp are working just fine so I did not replace them.

Comment

I'm not real familiar with the new Fenders, but I have found in a lot of amps that ceramic disc caps sometimes go microphonic.

Comment

Working...
                  X