Emc S300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emc S300

I have a friend w/ one of these. It sounds quite horrible.... however w/ the reverb cranked it has a pretty charming thing going on. I also noticed that w/ the reverb cranked the tone of the amp overall sounded MUCH better. For the most part the amp sounds starved, like that solid-state thing that gives solid-state a bad rep/name.... even though I know many solid state amps sound pretty incredible. Very mid rangey and "hard." Anyone familiar w/ these? Any hope for this amp or should my friend buy something else?

EMC, from Cleveland, right?

I have seen a few of their products, and I want to run screaming the other direction when they arrive. They had an 8 channel stereo mixer that took me a while to fathom. It seems channels 1-4 went to the left power amp and channels 5-8 went to the right power amp. I swear to God.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Wow.....engineering brainfart there......
      The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

ha! bummer. funny though. I guess there's nothing wrong w/ the amp then, it just plain sucks! thanks for the 2 cents.

Comment

It could probably be improved, but withoout schematics to refer to, i don't know how to help from here. If I have my own thumbs in it, I would be more confident of success.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

i found an emc leo head when i worked as a garbageman and it is a bass and gitar amp in one. it has a decent sound for bass with a boost thing going but has a cutting-out problem if you use it too long too loud.too bad tho cause it has 3 speaker out and wiil drive 3 cabs decently loud. good luck to ya

Comment

Working...
            X