No announcement yet.

Reverb pan for a R12R Reverberocket???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb pan for a R12R Reverberocket???

What do you have to consider in looking for a reverb pan for one of these?

A friend of mine bought this one about 18 years ago at a guitar show in Houston. The speaker was gone, the foot pedal cord had been cut off, the reverb pan was gone, the chassis was unbolted and laying in the bottom of the cabinet.... he got it for $15. When he moved away in '96 he gave it to me. Once upon a time I pulled it out and checked all of the on-board components that I could, (values did match schematic, resistors measured within tolerance, and caps at least didn't seem to be dead shorted. I put some tubes that my friend had given me in it. It would power up but it had the "buzz" in it, and what did make it through was pretty flat and lifeless.

Consequently, I have new filter caps but have never put them in.

About the only thing that I am unsure of at this point is the reverb pan. I have no idea what I would need to get to match this thing.

If anyone has any thoughts I'd love to hear them.....

Thanks

Does the amp have 7591 output tubes? I would probably concentrate on getting the amp working again before I worry about the reverb tray. Replace the filter caps and clean all the tube sockets and pots. Check for cracked or degraded solder joints.

Comment

Those amps are badass and well worth fixing. You can get a replacement from Antique Electronics and Ampeg may return your call to get a replacement number for it. I agree with above though and get it into working shape then worry about the reverb pan. They really are nice sounding amps.
      KB

Comment

Thanks for the response KB.
        How would you characterize the sound of this thing when it is feeling good? Is it anything like an old Fender Deluxe? Crisp and clean or growly? Good amp for a blues jam?

Comment

Twist, I didn't see your post the first time through....

No, this one has 6SL7s, 6SN7's , 6V6s, and a 5Y3.

Do you ever just replace every electrolytic in it or is it best just to stick with the filter caps, and proceed from there?

Also, what kind of speaker would sound good in these?

Comment

Originally posted by bob_ruth View Post
            Thanks for the response KB.
            How would you characterize the sound of this thing when it is feeling good? Is it anything like an old Fender Deluxe? Crisp and clean or growly? Good amp for a blues jam?
            I would say they sound kinda like a mix between a Marshall and a Mesa Boogie and a tad on the dark side but very harmonic and tubey. The clean is kinda like a fender but more warmer like a Silvertone. Lots of gain for rocking and you could use it for killer blues also with some eq. Either a Weber Blue Dog Alnico or Celestion Blue would soung great in these.
            KB

Comment

Working...
            X