JCM2000 DSL wiiieeerrdd problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCM2000 DSL wiiieeerrdd problem

Ok, So the guy at the shop got my jcm2000 to play, but its got really low volume, and the tone is very flat, no bass at all. It gets louder when theres a plug through the effects loop, but still no tone. Where do i start to take care of this? please help?

What do you mean when theres a plug thru the loop ? If you patch a cable from send to return does the volume come back ? Try using the send to the front of another amp and see if your preamp and tone return. Then take the send from another amp and send it to the Marshall return. Does it sound right ?
    KB

Comment

What i meant was when patching from send to return, the amps volume goes up, but the tone gets worse, very dirty and thin. Now after testing it to a differant head, from my marshalls send to a differant amp, the tone is better, although its really bassy, to get it to sound normal, i had the bass to 1 or so. When running from the other heads send to my return, there is no volume, and the tone is complete doodoo.
      What do you think?

Comment

Any ideas on what to check now?

Comment

Well if it's not working in the power amp section you have a problem that's most likely going to require some tech work and possibly removing the board. You could have a fuse blown inside the amp but be careful in there there could still be some dagerous high voltage stored in the filter caps. My suspect would be the Bridge rectifier or maybe an open resistor caused by a shorted tube which these amps are famous for. I would send it to an experienced tech who can scope it out and find the problem.
          KB

Comment

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
            Any ideas on what to check now?
            Heater fuses, output tubes.
            The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Working...
            X