Blues Deluxe low volume no clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues Deluxe low volume no clean

Hi, I replaced the filter caps w spragues, and 716p and mallory 150ms, I was very careful and deliverate with cap removals, correct polar, correct values and volts.(I did to my blues jr, and another amp too, without probs)
    I cannot get the amp to play, I replace the OT, the bias test point 68mv,checks, the heater voltages check, the filter caps are 431vdc,
    I am stumped on how to trace it out, I have relowed all solder joints at least twice.
    One of the confusing issues, no proper schematic, Hot Rod deluxe the closest, but diff values among other things.
    Any help and or ideas would be much appreciated,
    Ken

Did it work before you replaced all this stuff? Or did you just replace as lot of stuff hoping to fix it?

The schematic is on www.fender.com under support. Scroll down to amplifier schematics, and there will be Blues Deluxe right above Blues DeVille.

Divide and conquer. PLug the guitar into the power amp in jack. Get sound now? That checks the power amp stage for function. Plug the guitar into the front and connect a cord from the preamp out jack to another amp input. This lets us hear what the preamp is doing. And try plugging a cord from Preamp out right back to power amp in. That checks for a defective power amp jack contact.

And as suggested in another thread, check for a shorted Q1. it is straight down from the drive control.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X