Fender PCB pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender PCB pots

Hi anyone know where to get 50kB, 100k, and 250k pcb mount pots for a Fender Deluxe 90? These have 4 feet that snap into the PCB and have long D-shaped shafts. I'd like to get them wholesale preferably if someone knows of a distributor... I cannot find them on CE Distribution.

You are pretty much stuck getting them from Fender through a dealer. If you don't have an account with Fender, then you pay retail. If you are doing this repair for someone else, then it doesn't matter, you are going to mark them up regardless of the price. What is list on the part, $2.50? You got the part numbers?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo,
      I don't have part numbers anymore, as I reassembled the amp. I ended up taking 6 pots apart and reinserting the shaft into the key hole inside the pot, thus repairing them.... wasn't fun.

Next time I have an amp like this who should I go to for parts? Who deals Fender parts?

Comment

Any Fender dealer can order parts.

I googled Fender Parts and came up with a lot of hits.

I buy mine direct, since I am a service center.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

You could get some from mouser, as they have a TON of parts. I can usually find something that would work out of there.

Comment

If you just want something that works electrically, Mouser is as good a place as any. But if you want a pot that fits the pc board footprint - to drop in place - and one where the shaft makes sense - fits the knobs and doesn't need to be sawn off - then you really need to find the Fender parts. This is especially important if the repair is for someone else. If it is your own amp and you don't care that there is one odd knob, then OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
              If you just want something that works electrically, Mouser is as good a place as any. But if you want a pot that fits the pc board footprint - to drop in place - and one where the shaft makes sense - fits the knobs and doesn't need to be sawn off - then you really need to find the Fender parts. This is especially important if the repair is for someone else. If it is your own amp and you don't care that there is one odd knob, then OK.
              Do the fender ones have those little support legs that solder to the PCB? Those are definitely one to get from a Fender supplier.

Comment

Fender sells them in various shapes. Each shape has its own part number, so getting the part number from the schematic is key. if the original has the side wings, then so will the replacement. Parts you order from a dealer will be the exact same parts built into the amps.

Comment

Antique Electronic Supply/CE Distribution carries some of the more common replacements for Fender, Marshall, and Peavey:

http://www.tubesandmore.com/

Every once in a while when either Gibson or Fender retail packaged parts dry up, like Texas Specials, or ABR-1's that I would normally get at Musicorp, Allparts, Fender, or Gibson(how does Gibson run out of ABR-1's?), I'll call Antique and a lot of the time they will have some in stock. Of course, ordering from them(wholesale division) is the gift that keeps on giving, as you will get regular calls with specials on Jensen speakers and various tube types.

Comment

Working...
                  X