Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall MG100HDFX repair?

Hi All!

After not powering up my MG100dfx for about 3 years I decided I should get it out of the garage and crank it up.
    I powered the bugger up but no sound whatsoever!
    I then used the emulator output to go through to my computer sound card and got sound on the overdrive channel and still nothing on the clean.

I've never opened up the amp and would not know where to look if I did but I do want to get her back to full health so any ideas/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

A garage is a pretty rough climate for an amp to live for a few years. If the amp was working ok when you stored it then I would think it just needs a good cleaning. All the controls, 1/4" jacks and ribbon connectors need to be cleaned and lubed. Since your unfamiliar with the inner workings of an amp I suggest taking to a local amp tech for service. A nominal bench fee should cover it.

Comment

Not sure if this amp has them,
      but you should try running a 1/4" cord from the return to the send jacks. If the switches in the jacks are open, this should get you sound out of the amp. glen

Comment

Ashton, welcome to the forum.

If you have no idea what to do and are not at all familiar with the innards of the amp, then I suggest you take it to the nearest amp shop.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for your help friends!

I dont really want to take it in for repair when I have a bunch of tools and like getting to know how things work.

Comment

Working...
          X