Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero Ohms on reverb tank input?

Hi everybody!

Zero ohms on a reverb tank input, that indicates dead reverb tank right?
    Little transformer dead i supose? Worth checking if there's a short circuit in the little trany or changingh it? Or change the reverb tank directly?

Thanks a lot.

Max.

Hey Max,

I've never seen a shorted reverb tranny before so I'd probably go over it and see if there isn't a short in the wires connecting the tranny to the jack - open coils are the norm and I've often swapped input and output coils between pans to make a pan with an impedance pair that I didn't have in stock at the time or to make one good pan from a couple of bad ones.

Rob

Comment

Ok Rob. Thanks a lot for your reply.

I'll check what i can do with this one.

Thanks again.

Max.

Comment

A resistance reading of nearly zero ohms would be typical for a transformer driven tray. Are you using an analog meter? I wouldn't discard the tray yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
          A resistance reading of nearly zero ohms would be typical for a transformer driven tray. Are you using an analog meter? I wouldn't discard the tray yet.
          Hi Twist.

Well, i know, something like two ohms is about usual, but this one with my tekmeter/scope thingy reads 4kohm and goes down to zero quite quickly. If i couls test it with my wave generator would be nice but it doesn't seem to work with the low impedance.

Thanks again and best regards.

Max.

Comment

They typical Fender style pan has an input impedance of about 8 ohms and a DCR of 4-5. I've never seen one that has no DCR - ths coil is quite a few turns of fairly fine wire.

Rob

Comment

According to the accutronics impedance chart found at
              Code:
              http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/impchart.jpg
              the lowest DC resistance reading of the transducer coil in their range is 0.81 ohms.
              Code:
              http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/prodspec.htm
              By clicking on the reverb type on this page their numbering system is explained and the impedances given.
              The 2'nd and 3'rd letters give the value of impedance - input and output
              respectively. The impedance chart gives the approx DC resistance.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X