Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Jazz Chorus

Hi All!
    I just got an old Roland Jazz Chorus from 1983. The fuse is missing. It needs a 5 A / 125 Volt fuse. The problem is the fuses I bought are too small and there is apparently no bigger fuses (they are all 250V) at Radio Shack.
    Does anybody know what to do?

HH

You bought 5x20mm metric fuses.....you need the regular "3AG" size (1-1/4x1/4"). That'd be a Buss AGC5 or MDL5 if it wants a slo-blo.
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Thank you

Thanks so much...where would I get such a specific fuse?

HH

Comment

It's not specific, it is generic. A plain old 5A fuse should be a stock item at Radio Shack, most hardware stores, even maybe a hobby shop.

Fuses you are likely to run into come in two sizes - the small 5x20mm size, and the "American" size 1/4" by1-1/4". They also, in both sizes, come in regular blow (also called fast blow) and slow blow (also called time delay). And then there is the current.

Ignore the 125v/250v thing. ANy voltage rating they sell will be fine.

Radio Shack stock numbers:

270-1011 5A fast 1-1/4"

270-1056 5A fast 20mm

270-1067 5A slow 20mm
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Roland Jazz chorus repair

Thanks Everyone! You all have been terrific help.It worked the amp is running.

Unfortunately there is no sound I have taken off both circuit boards, couldn't see anything, found one lose cable soldered a few suspicious spots, checked speaker connectings ...Now I think i am in real trouble any thoughts..I am based in Manhattan New York..

Hendrik

Comment

Working...
          X