Where's the reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the reverb

I got this Fender Super reverb is a silverface I would say it is an early one but the reverb doesn't work I checked out the tube it has the proper 7025 in place and it does seem to be bad. Also if I manually shake the springs in the unit it makes the lighting clanging sound so I can hear that it works but it doesn't work through the amp I am sure it is something stupid if anyone knows what it could be help me out please.

The clanging does not sound thru the speakers? If not remove the pan and inspect the thin wires at the input and output around the RCA jacks.. they break easily. If one is broken you can solder them back in place or A new tank runs about $40 delivered.

Comment

You mention the 7025 but this it only the reverb "recovery" tube - the one that amplifies the signal from the pan and since you get the "sprong" it obviously is working. But there should be a 12AT7 - the one furtherest from the 6L6's - that drives the reverb and if it's not working no signal drives the pan. Try tapping this tube - it gets hot - while the amp's fired up with the reverb turned up and see if you get some noise though the pan. If not it's either the tube, the circuit, or, as mentioned above, the reverb drive coil.

Rob

Comment

ok guys thank you

I will check out the other tube and see if that is it I am pretty new to the diy thing. But the clang does come through the speaker. I noticed too that the rca plugs are very loose is there a way the check these?

Comment

The 12AT7 reverb driver tube is V3 - 3rd from the right.

Are the reverb cables connected at both ends?
          Is the footpedal plugged in? If so, unplug it.
          Do you hear sound from the Vibrato channel (other than reverb)?

Hope this helps,

Chip

Comment

Working...
          X