Supro 1622RT schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowell View Post
    Correct, that is 45ma per tube... still insanely hot for these tubes which are 12W rating. The discrepancy with your calculation and my other one on the OT primaries is most likely due to tolerance in my meter's measurement of the primary resistance and or voltage across the primary.
    I don't believe in that much tolerance. Please answer my questions.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Oh right I missed your question. I checked Rk upon initial inspection, 208ohms.

Comment

Thanks.
        What's your B+, your heater and actual line voltages?
        What's the actual in-circuit DCR between cathodes and ground (leaving the cap in place)?

The tube datasheet suggests a cathode current of 43mA with a B+ of 300V. Cathode biased amps are often biased at around 100%.

BTW, when measuring OT primary DCR, short the secondary to avoid false readings caused by large inductance.
        Last edited by Helmholtz; 07-11-2020, 11:52 PM.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post

Thanks.
          What's your B+, your heater and actual line voltages?
          What's the actual in-circuit DCR between cathodes and ground (leaving the cap in place)?

The tube datasheet suggests a cathode current of 46mA with a B+ of 300V. Cathode biased amps are often biased at around 100%.

BTW, when measuring OT primary DCR, short the secondary to avoid false readings caused by large inductance.
          Great tip on measuring DCR of the transformer, thank you.

B+ is 345v

Actual DCR with cap in parallel is what I read - 208ohms

I'll report back on line and filament voltages

Comment

Here's where we're at

Filaments - 6.6vac
            Line - 122vac

I did just notice that one of the dropping resistors feeding the PI (phase inverter) PSU node, which is 12k, looks very slightly discolored like it overheated. Being that this is the node after the Screen Grid supply node in the PSU, I don't see how it would be related here.

Comment

Here's where we're at

Filaments - 6.6vac
              Line - 122vac

I did just notice that one of the dropping resistors feeding the PI (phase inverter) PSU node, which is 12k, looks very slightly discolored like it overheated. Being that this is the node after the Screen Grid supply node in the PSU, I don't see how it would be related here.
              Ok, measure the 12k resistor value and replace if more than 20% off.

Apart from that I would increase the cathode resistor to 330R to prevent overdissipation.
              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

How does running a 12W tube at 14W make it red-plate?
                Maybe you do have oscillation. Have you tried grounding the grids?
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                  How does running a 12W tube at 14W make it red-plate?
                  Maybe you do have oscillation. Have you tried grounding the grids?
                  I did try grounding the grids... didn't help. I'll try a larger Rk I guess. We shall see!
                  Last edited by tboy; 07-12-2020, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Okay ended up with a larger Rk to make it act right

Comment

hi, I have a different problem with my Tremoverb 1622, low volume but not distorted, no red plating

my amp tech needs a schematic, did you manage to find one? or any tips I can tell him?

many thanks,
                      Mihai
                      Last edited by mihaila; 05-13-2021, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X