Peavey Mace VT Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perkinsman View Post
    As you can see in the pic, the 2 speakers are wired + to +, - to -. Is that series or parallel? The amp has two speaker outs, 4 & 8 ohm, I believe the 8 ohm out was mostly used. Even though I don’t see an ohm marking on either speaker, is it correct to assume they are 4 ohms in series, totaling 8 ohms?
    I can’t use quick connects, since the speakers only have 2 each and they are already used by the +\-speaker to speaker connections.
    + to + and - to - would be parallel wiring. Might want to measure the impedance. I had a friend with a Deuce with similar speakers and I think they were 8 ohm each, so parallel would be 4 ohm.

There are a second set of connector lugs on the speakers, but some of them may have been broken off. I can see them on the lugs with the yellow wire, can't see if the blue wire lug has a second one on the right side since it is cut off from the picture. You may have to solder a wire to the base of the connector lug.

Click image for larger version

Name:	peaveyspeakercons.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	908916

Comment

Plus to plus means they are in parallel. I think I see 12854 on the speaker, that means 8 ohms, so the total load is 4 ohms to the amp.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Good call, they are 12854's, 8 ohms each, 6.7 & 7.2 to be exact. So then I can attach the wires from the jack I made, + to one speaker terminal & - to the other, correct? Also, is the correct jack out at the amp then 4 ohms?

Comment

8 ohms is the impedance, which is what the amp cares about. 6.7 and whatever are just the DC resistance.

The factory plugged them into the MAIN jack (8 ohms), but you can plug them into the AUX jack (4 ohm.)
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X