No announcement yet.

70's Peavey Musician 400 split waveform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't get to lifting the diodes, because I found the .33 ohm 10 watt coming of the collector of Q11 to be open. Does this support your current theory Enzo? The closest I have on hand is a .47 ohm 5 watt, can I tack that in for a quick test?
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

"The closest I have on hand is a .47 ohm 5 watt, can I tack that in for a quick test?"
      For a test.
      Yes.
      In the scheme of things it will affect the bias current on that side.
      But for a simple "does it work' test, go for it.

Comment

yes, I agree, just for testing it is close enough.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes! It is working with the .47 ohm 5 watt sub. I have a nice clean sine all the way up to clipping, (my HP oscillator is on the hot side). Playing guitar sounds like, well a solid state Peavey, but the built in fuzz is way cool. I have a proper replacement on order, and will consider this case closed. Thanks again gents!

Odd that it had two cement resistor failures and no semi conductors damaged that I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
            ......Odd that it had two cement resistor failures and no semi conductors damaged that I can tell.
            That is a bit odd. Could it be that someone had already replaced some shorted components and couldn't finish the job?

"I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I don't really see any evidence of that. It all looks pretty original and untouched.

Comment

Working...
              X