Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Stereo chorus 212 reverb issue

Hello
    This amp has no reverb, but apart from that, working correctly .when you turn the digital( type knob) you can hear the reverb ( as if you had a tank and you tapped it. I have checked the ribbon cable ok and cleaned all contacts , Removed the chip from its ic socket cleaned and re-seated .
    STEREO_CHORUS_212_92.pdf
    I have 5v+/- on the fx board, and i seem to have input signal and output signal into and out of the board
    Looking at the schematic and the board layout, There seems to be a few changes on this.
    25v supply on this version does not seem to be on this board as R131 is not on this board and no place for it too be fitted. 15v+/- ok ., Looked over the fx board for solder issues, nothing found, Tested what components that i can with a meter, nothing found

The foot s/w is working correctly channel changing and switching chorus on and off and even switches the reverb in the present state on and off.
    Searched on here and read any posts

So i have some to the conclusion that the fx board is faulty.
    here in the uk l we don't see many of these, in fact, my records show, this is the 1st one , customer is very keen to get this working , as it holds a sentimental value

May thanks
    if anyone could help i would be grateful
    arbutt

Ensure there is signal for the reverb send on U5 pin 1 and check pin 14 of the reverb connector.
    Pay particular attention to Q24. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 10.09.55.png
Views:	351
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	915711
    Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
    If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

i checked it yesterday and i did have a signal on u5 and into the fx board pin 14, i will check again later
      thanks

Comment

If the supplies to the Digi board are OK and there is signal in, (you state there is signal out when adjusting the timing) check the A-D convertor is sending the modulated signal through the system. Not easy to trace as digital signals do not appear to vary without a very fast dual beam scope.
        There are a couple of variations on the Reverb/effects board, so be careful not to use the wrong drawings.
        Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
        If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Hello
          Last edited by ThaddeusMaximus; 06-26-2024, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaddeusMaximus View Post
            Hello
            Hi . If you have a problem with your peavey
            always best to start a post as this one is 4 years old. and sadly i can't remember what i did to fix it

Comment

Thank you! I accidentally posted here and couldn’t find how to delete my reply

I’ve reposted as a new topic. Glad to hear you were able to fix yours though!

Comment

Working...
              X