Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb RI shutting down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb RI shutting down...

Hi -

I'm new to the forum. Hope I can learn lots about amps!

I need help ASAP with my recently purchased Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb - I switch it on, and it goes off after 30-60 seconds. Suspecting power tube issues, I pulled them out and switched the amp on - it stayed on. Aha!

So... ordered this new set of JJ tubes. Put them in, amp goes off less than a minute after. WTF? Pulled power tubes again, and the amp won't even turn on - it stays just dead. Unstable voltage regulator? Bad tubes? Bad mojo?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Peace,
    Renzo

Originally posted by ResidentRenzo View Post
    I need help ASAP with my recently purchased Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb - I switch it on, and it goes off after 30-60 seconds. Suspecting power tube issues, I pulled them out and switched the amp on - it stayed on. Aha!

So... ordered this new set of JJ tubes. Put them in, amp goes off less than a minute after. WTF? Pulled power tubes again, and the amp won't even turn on - it stays just dead. Unstable voltage regulator? Bad tubes? Bad mojo?
    Renzo: Welcome to the board.

When you say the amp goes off after 30-60 seconds, what do you mean? Does the sound die out, does the fuse blow or does the amp just go dark (no pilot light, no heater glow, etc.)?

Comment

Hi Bill -

Thanx for replying so quick!

Does the sound die out, does the fuse blow or does the amp just go dark (no pilot light, no heater glow, etc.)?

Well, the sound just dies out quite fast, not unlike switching the amp to standby.
      The amp does not blow a fuse (looks ok to me, I checked with multimeter and it reads OK) but it does go dark indeed... oddly, pilot lightbulb is working (also checked OK on multimeter). The tubes get their typical orange glow but then the whole thing shuts down.

Claimed amp's warranty (I bought it on May 8th) to have it checked and repaired by fender authorized service... I hope it turns out OK.

I'll keep you posted if anything comes up.

Peace,
      Renzo

Comment

Working...
      X