Fender Acoustasonic 90 power up problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Acoustasonic 90 power up problem

Fender Acoustasonic 90 power led blinks intermittently when the unit is powered up, no sound, then blinks for a few seconds when power cord is pulled, BUT, sometimes powers up and operates for a few seconds. Orange stick prodding turns up nothing... if anyone can post a schematic would appreciate, or any suggestions or similar problem diagnosed. Thanks

Have you asked Fender for the schematic?
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

There is a problem with the +-15volt supply.
      I would replace C56/7 both 1000 35volt 105℃, U19 7815 and U20 7915 regulators and ensure the heatsink compound is cleaned off and replaced. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 08.01.34.png
Views:	698
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	919957
      Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
      If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Jon Snell, Is your schematic screen-share from the FMIC P/N 841ICT025 Rev C? Do you have experience with this symptom on Fender Acoustasonic 90 amps? I have the same problem as fredcapo. So far, I have not located a schematic, and I know that this is a switcher PSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock-It View Post
          Jon Snell, Is your schematic screen-share from the FMIC P/N 841ICT025 Rev C? Do you have experience with this symptom on Fender Acoustasonic 90 amps? I have the same problem as fredcapo. So far, I have not located a schematic, and I know that this is a switcher PSU.
          The power supply I have shown is a linear supply, not switch mode.
          Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
          If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Working...
          X