silvertone 1482 mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silvertone 1482 mods

I have 2 of these and I am trying to find out exactly what the mods that Marc Auble performed were. I have had no luck contacting him. I have seen Regis' excellent website details. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

khwinner,
    I own a 1482 too.
    What are these Marc Auble mods? Where did you see them?
    Can you please post Regis' URL here?

P.S.: if you are interested I can fax you some very cool mods that I have received by an amp guy. I have them only in paper format.
    Carlo Pipitone

Comment

Hi guys,

Haha, thanks for the compliments about my 1482 site. Here it is.

Actually it's not all that because I stupidly didn't keep notes on the preamp mods I did on that thing, but basically the front end resembles a Fender 5E3.

I swapped out all the caps for orange drops, did the Paul C mod, (Made a big difference), and replaced the electrolytics. I also put shorting jacks in it and disconnected the tone controls.

I put a Jensen speaker I fixed in it, that made a big difference as well. Those Fisher speakers that came stock with the 1482 sucked big time.

Go to my Jensen speaker fix page to hear a clip of this amp.
      Stop by my web page!

Comment

Regis,
        thanks a lot for sharing!
        The 1482 has some serious tone IMHO, and with a few mods in the tone stack it becomes a very nice blues machine. IIRC I modified it a la brown Deluxe.
        Without mods it is still very good for harp (where you don't need necessarily the extra versatility in tone shaping gained with the TS mods).
        Carlo Pipitone

Comment

Thanks, Regis!

Comment

this is a good thread to read alot of useful info to learn

Comment

Working...
            X