No announcement yet.

Vox AC4TV scratchy noise from guitar controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To avoid doubts about DC on the input jack, temporarily connect TempC capacitor (10-22nF) between JS1 and R3 (10k).
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Tip.png Views:	0 Size:	1.2 KB ID:	921358 Check R2 (1M) that its value has not "increased" to a higher value (> 5M), so the ionic current Ig1 occurs.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	TempC.GIF Views:	0 Size:	8.7 KB ID:	921359

1) Check the ground connection (SG1) to the chassis.
    Last edited by vintagekiki; 12-30-2020, 10:24 PM.
    It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
      Interesting and makes sense for "normal" grid leak current. What's your source?.
      Haha, I’m not certain but seem to recall Merlin mentioning it.
      Also it’s a common issue with one of the Trainwreck models, which have a low voltage operating point on their input stage, so it’s a regular on the TAG sub forum.
      My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Originally posted by pdf64 View Post
        I’m not certain but seem to recall Merlin mentioning it.
        Also it’s a common issue with one of the Trainwreck models, which have a low voltage operating point on their input stage, so it’s a regular on the TAG sub forum.
        Thanks, found some reference here: http://www.valvewizard.co.uk/Triodes...s_Blencowe.pdf

TAG means The Amp Garage?

- Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
          TAG means The Amp Garage?
          Yes. And sometimes you will see people refer to 'TGP' which is The Gear Page.

Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
          X