Acoustic G60 212 (Model 111) Will not produce sound of any kind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic G60 212 (Model 111) Will not produce sound of any kind

I was recently given an Acoustic G60 212, and it apparently worked before I got it, but the pots were super loose and you had to wiggle them just right to get them to work, but now that I have it it won't make sound at all. I've tried replacing the fuse, checking it with a basic power meter, replacing 1 of the pots, but nothing seems to make a change. It sounds like the problem lies in the pots, but I don't know how to go about finding new ones, or even attempting that. I read that you can bypass some of the volume pots, I tried that on the master but to no avail. If anybody has any suggestions on how to get this to work, or where to even start looking for the problem, I would be very happy!

Schematic?
    If it got an fx loop, if so try plugging into the return socket.
    Last edited by pdf64; 01-30-2021, 10:26 PM.
    My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Won't make sound at all? OK, does that mean no guitar comes through? Or does that mean it is UTTERLY silent, not even a small background hum or other noises? In which case, make sure the speaker is working.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Dainiusb View Post
        the pots were super loose and you had to wiggle them just right to get them to work, but now that I have it it won't make sound at all.
        If this is correct, then at the very least the pots will need to be cleaned and resoldered.

Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Omg did not get any notifications that people responded! This has been an ongoing project I pull out every once in a while as I get better at audio repair. Here’s what I know:

by hook or by crook I CAN get continuity through the pots as they are now. I’m trying to isolate each section of the board to see if I can get continuity there. Checked each transistor and things are passing thru, I was able to get sound going thru by bypassing sections of the input/eq/control PCB with alligator clips, but still zero sound coming out of the speaker output.

this obviously points to a problem with the power amp section which I’m going to test now. These schematics are super helpful! Although the issue is I’m not sure if the model 111 is actually completely similar to the 212, since it is all solid state. Would love any more advice on DMM testing to isolate which parts are bad.

thank you!!

Comment

Working...
          X