1970s Fender Twin Reverb Need Potentiometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970s Fender Twin Reverb Need Potentiometer

I'm looking for a master volume control pot for a 70's fender twin reverb. The original one is seized up. Where can I find this? I've been looking online and can't find it. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_163928.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	924512 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_163931.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	924513 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_163936.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	924514

So, what is the part number, I am too lazy to look it up?

Also, pots generally sieze around the shaft in the bushing, so have you tried hosing down the innards with Deoxit to see if it will loosen the shaft?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

1M-LOG Push/Pull-Pot DPDT,suitable for Mastervolume in Fenders (011540)
      It's All Over Now

Comment

An exact replacement, ie same taper, tap and switch, is unobtainium.
        My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

You won´t get a tapped one.
          Not *that* important (if at all) , if you can drop that feature then task becomes easier.

I needed one a couple years ago and a kind Forum member offered me one he had in his parts box by sheer chance, didn´t take his offer because of distance + horrid shipping costs and delays to Argentina, so in the end did without.

Hard to find (understatement of the year) because Fender themselves dropped it, go figure.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Remove it, carefully dismantle it, identify what's seized and try to free it up.
            Unless something has disintegrated, that's by far the quickest and easiest way forward.
            My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

I've used wd40 in the past to unseize pots, but this time it doesn't work. I was told by the customer the amp sat in his garage for many years. I can try pulling it apart to see if I can fix it that way.

Comment

Yes, you can't find an exact replacement with the tap for the bright cap but if you need to replace it just use a common 1M log DPDT push pull pot and put the bright cap to the wiper or don't put it at all.

Also, ask in forums if anyone has a spare one! You never know. A lot of players take off the master volume as they don't like them.

vintagekiki, the first one you posted is not with a DPDT switch but with a SPST, the second one is a stereo pot. I can't open the third link

Comment

I have 2 of these, one measures 2.1M the 1.1M. PM me and I can send it to you. I have COVID now and will hopefully be out of quarantine by next week and can Click image for larger version

Name:	1C5EEA79-2C31-4624-9152-201234FD2DF2.jpeg
Views:	512
Size:	5.21 MB
ID:	924531 send it then.

Comment

Originally posted by spy View Post
                    vintagekiki, the first one you posted is not with a DPDT switch but with a SPST, the second one is a stereo pot1). I can't open the third link2)
                    1) From stereo pot you use only one pot.
                    2) www.tubesandmore.com had a short-term communication problem.
                    https://www.tubesandmore.com/sites/default/files/associated_files/r-vpp-1ma-pc_specification_sheet.pdf
                    Attached Files
                    It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacpete View Post
                      I have 2 of these, one measures 2.1M the 1.1M. PM me and I can send it to you. I have COVID now and will hopefully be out of quarantine by next week and can Click image for larger version

Name:	1C5EEA79-2C31-4624-9152-201234FD2DF2.jpeg
Views:	512
Size:	5.21 MB
ID:	924531 send it then.
                      Sure thing. If you don't need those, I can take them off your hands. I'll PM you

Comment

Working...
                      X