Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker reconing service?

Who do you use for reconing speakers?

There used to be a local guy (Seattle) at 'Around the Sound'. He had a tiny shop that was packed to the rafters with speakers and supplies. He did a ton of work for everyone. Sadly he retired a few years ago.

Jamac in Portland does reconing, same sort of setup as the Seattle shop you describe. I haven't had an actual voice coil recone done, but Ron saved a Roland JC-120 speaker for me by doing some cone/surround surgery. NIce guy to deal with too.

Comment

Has anyone use Speaker Repair Pros (formerly 'Orange County Speaker Repair')?

If I had the inclination, I could get a lot of business reconing speakers though I probably would not make a lot of money.

Comment

Any business you consider, first google it and look for reviews.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

That's it exactly. The only speakers that are worth reconing, if you want to make money, are very expensive ones. I do some of our in house speakers and some expensive P.A speakers for some of the local production companies and bands with big P.A. systems, but if you're talking typical guitar amp speakers, it's generally not worth the effort and replacement is cheaper.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Sorry, I know that this thread was started over a year ago and has been inactive, BUT,,,,,
            I just had to reply to Axtmans question about Speaker Repair Pros located in Garden Grove California.
            I must chime in and give my highest regard for the the quality, customer service and value with the work done at this shop! The gentleman that runs this shop is a class act!
            He is a gifted artisan and second generation speaker technician that grew up and was raised as a youngster at the speaker shop where his family was employed.
            His work is exceptional! He is more than proficient with musical instrument speakers. He is fully capable of the finest repairs to the most esoteric high end audiophile speakers and stocks many rare and discontinued parts.
            I can't impress upon anyone enough how happy I have been with the service and value I have received from Bao (strange name pronounced like bow as in the front of a boat) over at Speaker Repair Pros!
            Phineus J. Whoopy, you are the greatest! May just get one more peek at that three dimensional blackboard please?

Comment

Originally posted by dugdiamond View Post
              ... about Speaker Repair Pros located in Garden Grove California.
              I must chime in and give my highest regard for the the quality, customer service and value with the work done at this shop!
              I second dugdiamond's Speaker Repair Pros recommendation.
              Over the last few years both of the speaker repair shops I had been using closed. One new proprietor had low skills and produced bad output. Speaker Repair Pros has done perfect work. Both the performance and the cosmetics of the recones I've had done there were great.
              Email comms are good too.
              Cheers,
              Tom

Comment

Working...
              X