Magic pixie dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic pixie dust

I am working on an old Garnet amp. The old grille cloth has this glitter all over it. Well that stuff is falling off and getting EVERYWHERE. I finally just ripped off the grill cloth and will replace it with something similiar.

This picture is the solid black rubber anti-fatigue mat that the amp was resting on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_53560.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	925512

Any of you with children know that if you have glitter in your house you will have it everywhere and in the most unlikely of places.

There was glitter inside the amp cabinet, inside the amp chassis, on the speaker, on my workbench, on the floor, and on me!

Comment

Originally posted by Axtman View Post
      Any of you with children know that if you have glitter in your house you will have it everywhere and in the most unlikely of places.

There was glitter inside the amp cabinet, inside the amp chassis, on the speaker, on my workbench, on the floor, and on me!
      And you'll still be seeing it here and there for YEARS. For all it's happy playfulness glitter still has an insidious, evil side.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Glitter-bombed by a half century old amp... I've never had to work on a Garnet, likely few of us have, but we are now warned in advance.

Count your blessings, could have been powdered mouse turds. Hantavirus & all the rest of the worrisome beasties that brings, ecch. Glitter, yes it's annoying, and possibly might cause shorts or arcing if it got into the wrong places, but that's about all.
        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

its not my quote but it is apt: glitter is the herpes of the craft world!

Comment

Working...
          X