Crate BT220 dissassembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate BT220 dissassembly

I can't get the chassis out of the darn cab. I have seen another thread on this here, but it doesn't seem to match what I have. Maybe they changed them at some point, I don't know. My problem is, the chassis will only slide back an inch before coming up against the internal tunermounted to the top of the cab. There is still 4"deep of cab at the back, making unplugging a cable or tilting the chassis up to clear the tuner as described in the prior thread impossible as far as I can tell. What a ridiculous design, no wonder they went under.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm starting to get mad at it.
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

I have determined that the only possible way to get the chassis out of this version of the BT220 is to pry up the tuner out of the top of the cab. I used a flat wood chisel. The tuner assy. is fastened into the wood with one way grips. In other words, it presses into the hole without much resistance, and then it grips pretty well. I got this one out without any damage. Once the tuner assy. is out, there is enough wiring to reach a three pin connector at the back corner with enough slack to back the cab out so it can be reached to disconnect. Also, there is enough speaker wire to allow the chassis to sit atop the cab, and since my aim was to clean it, that worked fine for me.

Maybe this will help someone from the future.
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Not quite the same I guess but I recently fixed a BT100 and although it was a squeeze to get past the tuner it did go with bit of wiggling. The cables were a big obstruction maybe check for other obstacles like cable ties...

I don't think I had seen an amp with so many dry joints...

Comment

Working...
      X