Fender LED pilot light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender LED pilot light

So, tell me about the Fender LED pilot light used on a wide variety of amps.
    I have a Baseman 500 I repaired and the LED died.

It's a clear bright one with 30 volts on it.

They all the same?

I'll go over some schemes of Frontmans, Blues Jr's etc. To see if they are the same part.

Just wondering if any of you know already.

I have a drawer full of LED's that I can make work with a limiting resistor in series so they don't blow.

Thanks.

Every LED needs a resistor UNLESS it is a whole lamp assembly with internal resistor. You may have 30v there now, but that is without an LED. Look at your schematic, I'd wager you find a resistor already there. In which case an LED would restore the volt or two drop required.

You got a zillion LEDs? Clip one into the circuit and either it will light up nice or it will burn up. But for the few cents it cost, you'd know.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

It's the typical white LED with the flanged white plastic that goes into the jewel, as used on several Fender amps.

Didn't know if they are all the same No series resistor in line.

Comment

Try it, risk a plain old LED as an experiment.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

You're right as usual.
          it has a series resistor on the board, attached a standard clear LED and it works fine, blinded me for a minute and only a couple volts across it.

Me over thinking things as usual, I just hate to waste parts if I don't have to.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X