Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part Search - Plug Connectors used by Eden Electronics

Hi,

I have been unable to find an exact replacement for the IDC female and male plug connectors used in their World Tour Series era of bass amps. The parts I am searching for are circled in the attached photos. Anyone here know who manufactures these connectors and/or where I can buy them? Eden and my local Eden authorized repair center will not sell them to me directly nor will they provide me with manufacturer/supplier information.

Thanks in advance,
    Duff2

Click image for larger version  Name:	E15814B0-E5A4-4B6A-9133-7F97A49BCD6A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	197.9 KB ID:	926307

Click image for larger version  Name:	FFD8E5D8-FEF0-44D9-A4FE-BF2C8490CFBC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	215.6 KB ID:	926308
    Last edited by duff2; 03-14-2021, 03:53 PM.

Look like common enough Molex types. Looks like the 0.156" spacing. Molex KK-156 series. Anyone's 0.156 spacing females out to work. I myself don't replace those with IDC, as I don't have a press for them, I just use crimp pins and plastic housings instead.

Mouser, Digikey, etc.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I think I found them....

https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/d...40445-6/109099

https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/d...40426-6/696950

Comment

Those should work fine, but seriously, unless you are ready for IDC, look into crimp pins instead.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

You really do need the insertion tool if you want to go with the connector.
          https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/d...59804-1/132433
          There are two models.
          1 is for the .100 spacing and the other is for the .156.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Enzo and Jazz P Bass. The IDC insertion tool is pretty pricey, so I think I'll go with the Molex model suggested by Enzo. I already have a crimp tool and this project is a one off.

Comment

You get them from Mike in the warehouse, ha, ha.

Seriously, pretty common unit like the Digi-key ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                Look like common enough Molex types. Looks like the 0.156" spacing. Molex KK-156 series. Anyone's 0.156 spacing females out to work. I myself don't replace those with IDC, as I don't have a press for them, I just use crimp pins and plastic housings instead.

Mouser, Digikey, etc.
                The Molex KK-156 Trifurcon series is what I've used in replacing the IDC connectors on the Eden WT-800's and WT-1205 amps (think that's the model number). Far more reliable, You will have to work the harnessing, as it will be on the tight side. The Trifurcon adds two more contact wiping surfaces to the single-wipe type.
                Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Yes, I stocked the trifurcons too. I sticked the regular ones too though. Small signals did not need the three sided, but geez how many overtaxed pins needed them?

Comment

Working...
                  X