• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Responding to G1s last response.

Comment

Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post
      1.065 k resistance
      That is correct, so the coil part of the relay is good. You need to find out if the signal is getting to the relay. You can apply a signal at the input, then check for AC volts at the relay pins with your scope, or with your meter on AC volts range.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The coil of relay ry201.
        The coil of relay ry201 WHAT ???

If you have a problem with not knowing the language, there is a communication tool
        https://translate.google.com

It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
          That is correct, so the coil part of the relay is good. You need to find out if the signal is getting to the relay. You can apply a signal at the input, then check for AC volts at the relay pins with your scope, or with your meter on AC volts range.
          Yes, but
          Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
          It happens over time that some relay contacts lose elasticity, or on switch contact due to the arc platinum oxidizes, so even though the relay "works" but no continuity is established.
          It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
            Yes, but
            Agree with you that the relay may be the whole problem. But it would be nice to verify if the signal is getting to it.
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
              Agree with you that the relay may be the whole problem. But it would be nice to verify if the signal is getting to it.
              Yes you are absolutely right about that. He just needs to be careful when checking if a signal is coming to the speaker, because amplifier working in bridge. Both speaker terminals are "hot"
              It's All Over Now

Comment

Ok, I'm getting 66.3 vac on all 6 ry201(relay) pins with power on and a signal generator connected to external input(xlr).

Comment

Something is funny with the measurements. I asked about your meter in your other thread, that may have to do with it.
                  Is the unit mostly assembled? Yamaha does funny things with grounds and often assembly completes circuitry, so it may not give correct measurement depending where you put your black probe.
                  Does that 66.3VAC disappear when you remove the signal? What do the pins measure on DC range with no signal applied?

Comment

074.3vac power on, no signal applied, 060.8mvdc power on, no signal, all 6 pins.

Comment

074.3vac power on, no signal applied, 060.8mvdc power on, no signal, all 6 pins.
                      Do you know read and interpret schematic, and do you know how use measuring instruments.
                      Your answers are clear only to you, so they are very difficult to interpret.

Try to explain to be clear to us as well exactly what your phrase means

- 074.3vac power on, no signal applied [Q] whether 0743 VAC or 74.3VAC, which signal and where
                      - no signal applied [Q] where no signal applied
                      - 060.8mvdc power on [Q] where measured and what it means
                      - all 6 pins [Q] 6 pins of what, where
                      Thank you for your understanding

It's All Over Now

Comment

Was responding to G1s post #83.

Comment

Any thoughts on readings with no signal applied?

Comment

Any thoughts on readings with no signal applied?
                            post #86

It's All Over Now

Comment

I'm not understanding reference to post#86? Can you give me a hint?

Comment

He may have been referring back to post #83. Which is all I can add. Those measurements from post #84 are pretty much impossible, unless you have your black probe somewhere that is no longer connected to ground.
                                These units are difficult to service for experienced techs. You may be in over your head with this one.

Comment

• vintagekiki
                                  vintagekiki commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Yes, back to post #83
                              Working...
                              X