Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amp whistles with nothing plugged in but is perfectly fine once a cable is inserted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greengriff View Post
    I'm happy to shrink them in future. Is there an optimum size that still gives people sufficient detail?
    Just a suggestion: I checked one of the images (guess all were shot with same camera settings), it states:
    Dimensions: 3,000px × 4,000px (scaled to 725px × 967px)

So Forum struggled twice, once to swallow the whole whale sandwich and then to reduce it to tuna size he he.

Forum reduces it to "wall to wall" screen size which is perfectly clear and visible, so , say, about 800 pixel width is fine, anything higher is larger than screen and wasted.

Or you can crop image so it only shows interesting area.

Only case where it´s justified (and in fact necessary) showing a way larger than screen image is on **schematics** because all of it is eventually necessary and zooming in must be sharp, not pixelated, to read parts numbers and values.

If absolutely necessary to show huge pictures, you can upload them to an image server, such as imgur, Picasa, etc. and only LINK them there, but not store them in Forum own server , which has limited space.

EDIT: and select what you upload, half those FOURTEEN huge pictures are about same thing, just moving camera half a centimeter one way or the other, not adding any extra information.

And curious about what "MI9 AI Triple Camera" means, prominently displayed on each picture.
    Last edited by J M Fahey; 03-21-2021, 08:45 PM.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post

Just a suggestion: I checked one of the images (guess all were shot with same camera settings), it states:
      Dimensions: 3,000px × 4,000px (scaled to 725px × 967px)

So Forum struggled twice, once to swallow the whole whale sandwich and then to reduce it to tuna size he he.

Forum reduces it to "wall to wall" screen size which is perfectly clear and visible, so , say, about 800 pixel width is fine, anything higher is larger than screen and wasted.

Or you can crop image so it only shows interesting area.

Only case where it´s justified (and in fact necessary) showing a way larger than screen image is on **schematics** because all of it is eventually necessary and zooming in must be sharp, not pixelated, to read parts numbers and values.

If absolutely necessary to show huge pictures, you can upload them to an image server, such as imgur, Picasa, etc. and only LINK them there, but not store them in Forum own server , which has limited space.

EDIT: and select what you upload, half those FOURTEEN huge pictures are about same thing, just moving camera half a centimeter one way or the other, not adding any extra information.

And curious about what "MI9 AI Triple Camera" means, prominently displayed on each picture.
      Thanks. I'll do that in the future. The writing on the images is an irritating watermark that the camera puts there. It's the model of my phone. As far as I'm aware there's no way to remove it.

Comment

Working...
      X