Roland F140R piano won't start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    Did you directly contact Roland to ask if they could provide or sell the service manual?
    Try contacting them through a few social media channels...companies pay way too much attention to social media and you might get lucky.

Comment

The service manual was uploaded to Elektrotanya today.

https://elektrotanya.com/digital_pia.../download.html

Comment

Nice!

Comment

That would be just awesome...
          But I just cannot find it whatever the key words used for the search and the link does not work... I don't think it is on Elektrotanya unless you can point it to me?
          Interested in old, rare, unusual or just plain bizarre music equipment?
          www.nicosonic.com

Comment

Ok it is missing now but send your email as for some reason I can't upload it here. you can PM.
            nosaj
            soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

They must have got a cease and desist letter from Roland, Several years ago all the Roland files disappeared. Fortunately I snagged it but unfortunately it's too large to post here - 19M

Maybe these are enough?

Click image for larger version

Name:	f140r power switch.png
Views:	447
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	931451 Click image for larger version

Name:	f140r cpu power.png
Views:	419
Size:	309.6 KB
ID:	931452 Click image for larger version

Name:	f140r power input.png
Views:	441
Size:	470.4 KB
ID:	931453

Comment

Thank you VERY much Dmeek.
                There's a lot to check for me tomorrow, so I can't say if it will be enough yet.
                Anyway, again, a big thank you!
                www.nicosonic.com

Comment

Ok, the piano is repaired!
                  I identified a faulty fuse/resistor (R131) stopping the 3.3V from reaching the rest of the circuit. This resistor is a small SMD in the middle of a very densely populated board and I could not have found it without the schematic.
                  FIY, the F140R seems to be very sensitive to input power as the user of this piano employed a replacement psu putting out 12.4V instead of the 12V of the original PSB-7U.

I want to thank Nosaj and Dmeek again for their decisive help!
                  www.nicosonic.com

Comment

Hello! I have the same problem with this piano. Could somebody upload full service manual?

Comment

Working...
                    X