Sansui SAN0039 ground loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sansui SAN0039 ground loop

G'day everyone, I'm sourcing a part but I'm unsure of it's correct title(see image), I know it's the ground loop, transistor perhaps? I just can't find the part for the life of me.
    the amp is a Sansui - SAN0039.
    Many thanks!
    John
    Attached Files

Can you read the numbers on the other side of the device? It looks like an output IC- probably TDA2030, TDA2050, or something of the sort. I'm surprised it doesn't have a heat sink. I'd certainly think about slapping a TO220 heat sink on that thing.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

You nailed it, TDA2030. It was so worn I had to use a magnifier :/
      Yeah its fair dodgey, the amp was having issues, initially very low volume from the high and low inputs and only minimal clean sound from the Line input.
      Thanks so much The Dude. Ill look at heat sinking it when I get the new part and complete repairing the IC.

- John

Comment

Ensure the tap is isolated from any metalwork, use a silicone TO220 insulator and heatsink compound.
        If the output is there, the IC will probably be OK and just in need of the dry joints resoldering.
        Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
        If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

I agree with Jon. Generally, those TDA chips either work or they don't . It's not impossible, but I doubt that's your problem. I'd still fit a heat sink when repairs are completed. I also agree with Jon that cold solder joints are more likely to be the problem.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
          X