Peavey Session 400 master working backwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Session 400 master working backwards

I just replaced all electrolytics in a 74 Peavey Session 400. I accidentally installed a 100uf/25v backwards. When I powered up the amp everything worked except the master volume(labeled sensitivity) works backwards. Turning the pot clockwise reduces the volume rather than increasing it. I noticed the backwards cap and replaced it with a new cap installed correctly. The master volume still behaves the same way. Any suggestions? Peavey Session 400 1978 schematic.pdf

Most likely have been replaced ends on volume pot (10k) or master pot (50k)
    Simply replace (cross) the wires ends of the pots (slider or middle pin on pot do not touch)
    It's All Over Now

Comment

The cap that I installed incorrectly is C16 on this layout. I have checked to be sure all the other caps are correctly installed. The master volume worked properly before. Click image for larger version

Name:	Pre-ampboard3numbered.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	845.8 KB
ID:	932019
      Attached Files

Comment

vintagekiki, the pots are pc mounted. I didn't change anything concerning them

Comment

Solved! Broken lead on capacitor C20. Replaced cap. Amp works great now! Thanks for your suggestion, vintagekiki. I appreciate it

Comment

Working...
          X