Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender 75 - Speaker mounting...

Hi All,
    I've got a Fender 75 combo amp from the early/mid 80s with a 15" speaker. Unfortunately, I received it in pieces and I'm trying to get it back together in a working condition. My question: (This is for the combo amp with the 15" speaker only). Was the 15" speaker in this amp front mounted or rear mounted as it came stock from Fender when new?

Thanks,
    Bob M.

Looks like front.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fender%2075%20b.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	933471
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I had one that I sold as a project amp - definitely mounted from the front.
      It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Thanks, guys, I thought myself it was probably a front-mounted speaker but I wanted to get some confirmation from other Fender 75 owners/users. Mine has a weird cutout on the upper rear inside part of the baffleboard that would make for rear mounting not probable. Not sure what that cutout accomplishes, unless the baffleboard has been altered to accommodate space for the power transformer, so it doesn't touch the baffleboard. It doesn't look like the other Fender 75 pic here so possibly my version is an earlier one before Fender completely figured out how the baffleboad/chassis would fit together. My baffleboard does look stock to me but then again, who knows? File this under 'measure twice, cut once'.

Thanks for the quick replies, Bob M.

Comment

I recall that a rebate on the baffle to allow for the PT is a feature on the 3 75s that I’ve worked on.
          Bear in mind it’s a thick baffle board, maybe 1”, then the removable front speaker grille and its frame add about another 5/8”.
          My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Working...
          X