Oh my god!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my god!!!!!!!

Hi guys & Gals, i have custom quad 65 dfx amplifier that the volume will drop out every now and then during playing. can someone PLEEEEASE help me?
    ( insert whining yelp here!) Cheers T-bone, sunny qld.

So check the normal stuff. Try a different guitar. Try a different cord. Try a different speaker. Try a different speaker cord. Make sure the speaker cord is really a speaker cord and not a regular guitar cord.

Does the amp have an efects loop? If so, plug a spare cord from esend to return there, any help?

When it happens, ball up your fist and whack the top of the amp hard. If you have a rubber mallet, you can use than instead of your fist, I suppose. Does the amp react to the blow at all? If so, there is a loose connection inside.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

enzo enzo enzo. single 12 inch

Thank you enzo. very appreciative of your reply, sorry i should have mentioned its a combo amp, single 12 inch speaker. i checked for loose componants, resolderd caps. turned it on, and the lead chanell works fine, now theres no rythum channel all. veeeerrryy sssussspitttiousss ( insert evil laugh here). seems like somthing good has happend, cause weve isolated the issue to the rythum chanell, and somthing bad has happened, cause i just wet myself laughing and the amp still has issues. ( sorry waaay ttoooo much coffeee this morning. ) look forward to your reply. T-bone out!!

has anyone got the scematics for this particular amp?? kustom quad 65 dfx .

why they call a single speaker cobo amp a quad i have absolutly no idea!

Comment

Maybe there are four configurations in the preamp or something.

COntact Kustom and ask if they can provide the schematic.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

wind in my h.............

cheers enzo. cant sorce these scematics anywhere, be a real help if someone had a special magic link i could use to magically whisk me away on a multi colord carpet with the wind in my h............. sorry, got a bit stupid there, anywho, be good if anyones got a link.!!!! love to all, will inspect chanell 2 further for inspections sake, while waiting for any advise from my fellow amp lovers.!! T-bone x

Comment

Did you try this? What did they tell you?
            http://www.kustom.com/contact_us.aspx

Always a good idea to include your serial number in case there are production changes.

Don't expect to just find them posted on the web somewhere.

Comment

When you say volume 'drops out', do you mean there is no sound going through or that the sound isn't as loud? If no sound gets through periodically, it could be an ultrasonic oscillation, or an intermittent contact somewhere. Are there any crackles, pops, or ringing associated with the problem?

Comment

Working...
              X