Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer fx2000 220v to 110v

Hello everyone,
    Brand spanking new here and not quite sure how these forums work yet so I hope I’ve got this in the right spot and followed the rules. I bought a Behringer 3D fx2000 not realizing it is 230v, I live in US so this is a problem for me obviously. I’ve read other posts about other products having switches that go between 220/110, but this does not have one. I’ve seen some say buy a step converter (which I may do if need be) but I would like to save some extra plug space and money if possible. I’ve searched for hours trying to find if it’s possible to convert this to 110v internally but haven’t found anything on this specific product. Does anyone have experience with this unit that could help? I haven’t opened it up yet to look at the guts yet because it is brand new and I’m still debating returning it, the problem is tho it will cost me more to return than it would to buy a converter, and these things are hard to find at a good price and/or out of stock everywhere. Could someone please help or offer advice?

Welcome to the forum.

May be a problem for you if not the universal power supply;
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-26 at 07.22.04.png Views:	0 Size:	87.0 KB ID:	935455
    Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
    If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Sometimes the fuse clip position adjusts the voltage, but that does not appear to be the case here.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

This is what I found on the web:

This unit is designed to operate between 120V/230V so it should work fine, however a minor fuse swap is needed if you purchased it in the United States but wish to now operate it in Europe.

If it was purchased in the United States and you are using it in the US, it came with the following fuse: FUSE;200mA;250V;SLOW BLOW;L-TYPE;5mm x 20mm

If you wish to use this same unit in Europe, you would need to change the fuse to the following: FUSE;100mA;250V;SLOW BLOW;L-TYPE;5mm x 20mm and it should work the same.

Conversely; If you bought it in Europe, it came with a FUSE;100mA;250V;SLOW BLOW;L-TYPE;5mm x 20mm & if you wished to use that one in the United States, you would need to swap that fuse to the one that will allow it to work in the US, FUSE;200mA;250V;SLOW BLOW;L-TYPE;5mm x 20mm
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thank u all, but looks like I have the 230v only unit, no option to reposition the fuse, so went ahead and ordered a step up converter. I may open it up still just for a look to see if it’s a simple internal fix, but I’m not an electrical tech by any means. Thank you all tho

Comment

Originally posted by zackepoo View Post
            Thank u all, but looks like I have the 230v only unit, no option to reposition the fuse, so went ahead and ordered a step up converter. I may open it up still just for a look to see if it’s a simple internal fix, but I’m not an electrical tech by any means. Thank you all tho
            What do mean with step-up converter?

A 120V to 230V step-up transformer will work, though.
            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Yes, a transformer is what I meant

Comment

Did you read and/or try post #4? I really didn't want to elaborate at the time. I was on my cell and hate typing on a phone, so I just copied and pasted the info. According to what I have read, the power supply is SMPS and can tolerate a wide range of input voltages. All that should be necessary is changing the fuse and plugging in the unit. I might be hesitant to try this moving from 110 to 220V, but going lower in voltage is unlikely to hurt anything. It will either work, or it won't . IMO, it's certainly worth a try. You may not need a transformer.
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                X