Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage Roland CUBE 60 Chorus - Broken chorus and reverb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Roland CUBE 60 Chorus - Broken chorus and reverb.

Greetings!

I just lost the chorus and reverb on my vintage Roland CUBE 60 Chorus amp. When I switch either of the 2 effects on, the amp goes "CHUK CHUK CHUK". It works almost perfectly when the effects are off, but the CHUCK is still there in the back, barely audible. Everything else about the amp works fine.

It seems to be a common problem. Here's a video of the problem that someone else made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAXPQ5jPs3I

The video is from this post: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...orus-amp-issue

The CHUCK noise on mine is quicker though. The amp was working fine last time I played it, it's been sitting unused for few months in my office. I figure there's either a juicy spider in there that died holding on to 2 resistor prongs that shouldn't connect, or a component just died of old age and needs to be replaced. I'm planning a visual inspection of the innards, I decided to post asking for pointers first.

I love this amp and I'd really like to fix it. I have very little knowledge or skills in electronics repair, however. I can solder, and I know capacitors can deliver a spark even when the device in unplugged, but that's about it. Not even sure what a capacitor looks like. Willing to learn though!

I've found the schematic for the Roland JC-50 Jazz Chorus and the Roland CUBE-60D I only understand so much of them, not sure how to use them, or if they are even the same as my amp.

How can I find the problem? What would be a good troubleshooting approach? (finding a repair tech in my area?)

Cheers!

I believe this is the schematic:
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks! One step closer to success.

Now to learn how to troubleshoot amp electronics using schematics...

I'm sure there's all the info I need in many places on the internet but, any good easy guide recommendations?

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X