X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here
    Attached Files

Comment

where i solder is the positive going straight to the filter caps I see no large diode to protect rv=everse polarity i assume there is some mechanism that acted like said diode to blow the fuse

Comment

i will send more pics later because the site isn't allowing me due to space I will make a website an provide the link

Comment

What in the heck is that blob????
          Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 07-21-2021, 06:51 AM.

Comment

here is the links to the picutres
            https://ibb.co/R2Q2wTX
            https://ibb.co/2np204G
            https://ibb.co/s5VyK0v
            https://ibb.co/PF3xD2Q

Comment

Originally posted by shandev View Post
              u can see where i solder back the positive fuse like strip

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                Wjat in the heck is that blob????
                lmaooo that's where I sloder it back it broke open acted like a fuse

Comment

I hate to spoil the party but I do believe that you are in way over your head with this unit.
                  An experienced tech would have one heck of a time with that unit, seeing that the power polarity was reversed and not having a schematic.

Comment

Same here.
                    Sorry.
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

A basic here has been forgotten or has not even been discovered, which is a worry, a fuse is designed to blow and it blows at a pre determined value.

A mountain of poorly administered solder, is not remotely a replacement for a fuse but dangerous!
                      Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
                      If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

"u can see where i solder back the positive fuse like strip"
                        So it appears that the circuit trace itself became a fuse.
                        Ouch.

Comment

re
                          Originally posted by Jon Snell View Post
                          A basic here has been forgotten or has not even been discovered, which is a worry, a fuse is designed to blow and it blows at a pre determined value.

A mountain of poorly administered solder, is not remotely a replacement for a fuse but dangerous!
                          correct but I gust solder it back to see if the amp will come on but I plant to use a external fuse if I get it to work and also its not really a fuse i believe it is just the trace on the board that melted snaped so yeah I see what your saying si correct

Comment

i took some electronics in school i would just look to see if I can get a schematic some where online hopefully an do some testing

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                              I hate to spoil the party but I do believe that you are in way over your head with this unit.
                              An experienced tech would have one heck of a time with that unit, seeing that the power polarity was reversed and not having a schematic.
                              Essentially what I said in Post #2. Trying to tackle something this complex that's built with surface mount components as your first project.....life is too short for such a pursuit. Take it to someone who services this sort of gear, and let them tell you what we're trying to tell you. Sorry.
                              Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

That is the biggest trace in the whole amp. For it to get burnt, there must be some very major damage elsewhere. Hooking up with reverse polarity could not cause that trace to burn like that.
                                Originally posted by Enzo
                                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                                X