No announcement yet.

Mid '60'S Gibson GA20 RVT tremolo not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before throwing parts at it, may I suggest find out where the problem lies. %here are two parts to any trem, the oscillator and the interface. If the three feedback caps are wonky, then it won't oscillate, that is different from oscillating but having weak effect. So determine if the oscillation is strong or not. One triode serves the oscillator the other triode drives the interface. ie the bulb in the opto.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post

Thanks to everyone who separate time to read this post.
      VK, we could not get along without you! Your depth of knowledge and access to schematics are outstanding.

Although translated text sometimes reads like something one might expect from Yoda. That is the limit of the translator, I know.

Still wondering what IS your native language sir? I'm sure to be only one of many curious to know.

Someone mentioned years ago your location is south of the equator. True or not, that still does not answer the language query.

All the best, and I hope you will respond positively.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Still waiting for an answer to my question about the voltage across the lamp (should be pulsating).
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
          All the best, and I hope you will respond positively.
          Thank for your understanding.
          The term native language, location is relative term, which will not change nothing essential in interpersonal understanding (or misunderstanding).
          Personally, me (vk) don't mind that individuals allow themselves what they allow. It just talks about them.
          However, correspondence read young members, question is whether they can learn something from it.

I would ask how vk understands what members write, only some members don't understand. Why they not use machine translation.
          Maybe solution is communication in some neutral language ...
          Like vk said all languages ​​globally have an average of 28 letters (characters) with only different schedule.
          It is not problem in knowing language. The problem is in syntax, rules of how to make sentences from words.
          It's All Over Now

Comment

Maybe solution is communication in some neutral language ...
            Good idea, I speak Esperanto like a native! (That's a joke.)

Some things about VK are apparently bound to remain mysteries.

Note I didn't say "secrets" because there are no secrets just ignorance. We will have to settle for not knowing.

I thank you for your response, and look forward to your continued presence on MEF.

This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
              Bona ideo, mi parolas Esperanton kiel indiĝeno! (Tio estas ŝerco.)
              No problem. For machine translation no secrets .
              Understands every language like native!
              We joked, and continue where we left off.
              It's All Over Now

Comment

A game I sometimes play is to write an English sentence, google translate into French, then into German and maybe even Chinese, and then back into English. Sometimes it is amazing how much the message changes.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Greg, as can be noticed, only you have Click image for larger version  Name:	klackalica.gif Views:	0 Size:	5.8 KB ID:	940460 with vk notunderstanding, because you seem to be obsessed with vk nickname.
                  Others either understand what vk is writing about, or they do not show that they are superior because they know own language.
                  Your basic problem in communicating with vk is not problem in machine translation
                  Please stop taking it personally. I have no issue with your intentions or motivations, I know they are top-notch.
                  Other people here have also mentioned the problem but most are too polite to say something. The google translator 'mangles' and degrades your posts. You are an intelligent man yet the translator sometimes makes your posts nonsense. This affects the threads you are posting in.
                  For many years your posts were mostly schematics, not discussions. Then you became involved in discussions and that is why the language barrier has now become an issue.

I have never had a problem communicating with people who have very limited english skills. After the fall of the soviet union, I worked with many Russians who had only spoke the english for a few months. It was never a problem and I enjoyed the challenge. I have never had a problem with others here who post in 'broken' english on this forum, again, I enjoy the challenge and take pride in being able to communicate.

The google translate thing seems entirely different. It does a horrible job translating your language into english. Again, it is nothing personal.
                  Our peers and colleagues here would seem to agree with you that it is doing a great job, or they are just not saying anything. So I will leave it at that and contact you directly with any future concerns.
                  Regards.

Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Not meaning to completely derail this thread but we all deserve a good laugh.

When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by g1
                      Regards.
                      Communication is a two-way street.
                      Who wants to understand, he understand, who will not, no help for him.
                      No problem in machine translation, problem is in different syntaxes because each language has its own syntax.
                      Sorry, it can't get better than this.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	'    Reminder.gif
Views:	229
Size:	154 Bytes
ID:	940558
                      https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/syntax
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syntax
                      It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
                      X